Through sunshine and showers, He is faithful!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

so don't have time to be doing this...

As the title suggests, I really do not have time to be writing right now, but I just can't hardly help myself.  Elliana, decked out in her raggedy purple tutu and a pink tee shirt with a tiara placed on her little blondish curls, is sitting at the smudged up glass dining room table eating a PB&J sandwich singing "Oh How I Love Jesus" with her purple feathered "princess slippers" kicked off underneath her chair.  We have Snow White music playing in her bedroom just barely audible over the clothes dryer noises from the hallway.
But, I had to stop and record this adorable little scene for you.
We are trying to get ready for our daddy to be home from a short trip to Falls Creek campgrounds for a Men's retreat.  He had a great refreshing time and are trying to let him come home to something refreshing as well, a cleaner house (notice I didn't say clean...I'm not a miracle worker.  We do still have a 2 1/2 year old playing while I clean)!  I love that he could enjoy Falls Creek and not while he's working as a youth wrangler. ;) j/k  Our kids at the church are wonderful!
He got to trout fish, preview a movie coming out in September (www.courageousthemovie.com/), and all sorts of other manly type things that I don't like to do.  It's a good thing he can get out and do things like this because he comes home to an estrogen filled house at the end of every day of the year.  We try to not overload him with pink and frills, but I'm afraid we do a pretty poor job of keeping our girlie-ness locked away from view most of the time.
He's such a wonderful man and I'm glad to have him.  I would chose him again and again and again!  He's the best match for me and the best daddy I can imagine for my girl(s)!!!  So, I'm logging off now so I can get back to my housewife/mommy duties like wiping the smudgy table off and impatiently await my Prince Charming's (or as Elli Kate says, "Prince Charmy's") return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment