Through sunshine and showers, He is faithful!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

garage sales and junk

The reddish glow of the sunrise is just outside my window this morning, beckoning me to come! You all that know me...if you ever read this post, know that I LOVE the outdoors, so that's really not a request that I have a hard time obeying.
Today, in my mind, officially starts the beginning of GARAGE SALE SEASON! I know that sounds like a funny thing to have almost a holiday for-maybe I should do that..make a holiday for the start of one of the junkiest seasons of the year.
Garage sale season is next to Christmas as the junkiest holiday of the year. If you notice, it comes just a few months after the winter month we all get gifts and stuff we don't really need or want or replacements for the things that we really do want and need. So, we feel the need to hang on to these things after Christmas for a few months and then pitch them. Maybe we think that the relative that gave us whatever it was is maybe forgetful and maybe won't drive by on junk day or come by when you're having a Spring garage sale. We feel a little safer and a little more emboldened at the same time to rid ourselves of the clutter! :)
Well, all I know is that I thoroughly enjoy this uncelebrated time of the year! I get to go and sift through other people's junk and acquire some for myself. I LOVE IT! Bring on the junk! I need to go now. It's 7:30 here in Cushing, OK and there are sales happening without me!
If I find some good stuff today, I'll post it later! :) Happy Junk Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment