Through sunshine and showers, He is faithful!

Monday, April 18, 2011

My friend, Chelsea

Hey y'all!  I'm back!  I wanted to just let you in on one of my favorite things-music.  I LOVE Music.  Did I kinda already say that?  I do!  It's true.  I'm rhyming a little now.  I need to stop. Ok.
Anyway.  Music is a language that speaks to every person.  We've all heard that before, but isn't it amazing how true that statement is?  Everyone can relate to some type of music in some way or another.  Some people, like my Papa Greer, enjoy listening to what I call honkey tonk music.  Others, like my dad, prefer 70's rock, including bands names you might know--Kansas, Styx, Boston...  Btw, I'm kinda drawn to those bands too.  Sidenote-Kansas had the BEST drummer I've ever heard, EVER!  Then, there are still others who are drawn to inspirational music or Christian music as I call it.  This is really my favorite genre of tunage (is that a word?) because it truly speaks to my soul and my spirit.  I need this type of music in my life, because it helps me to keep calm at certain moments when perhaps a certain toddler might be trying my patience with pee-pee pants or smearing yogurt on the glass diningroom table during snacktime.  I don't know why I mention those things.  I mean, it's not like those things ever happen at my house.  ;)  But, anyway.
Philippians 4:8 has a list of things that we are to think on regularly.  And, let me tell ya, Christian music is an easy way to put those things into your mind pretty effortlessly.  So, all that to say, I have a good friend that I'd like to introduce to you.  Her name is Chelsea Lake.  She is SO very talented!  If I say too much more about her, you might not believe me.  I'll say a bit more, but not much.  She has a beautiful heart for the Lord.  She exudes the Love of Christ in what she does daily and in the melodic music she writes.  So, if you're looking for a new listen, check her out on YouTube.  I'm attaching a link so you can easily get to her music and not have to navigate too much.
Thanks for looking! :)
Chelsea Lake MUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment