Through sunshine and showers, He is faithful!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

relief!

Driving into Cushing tonight from a long day on the road, we could smell the heavy oxygen that is a tale-tale sign of rain.  I love that smell!  I thought it may have missed us all together today, but I was wrong and so pleased to be!  Rain came, relief for the dry, dry ground has begun.  I raised my hands as I stepped out of the car tonight and just breathed in deeply!  Mmmmm...so good!  Then, as we were taking our daughter inside I heard what I haven't heard in so long--the crickets singing loudly all over the neighborhood.  They were praising the Lord for His good work today, too!  The rain drip, drip, dripping off the rooftop even seemed to be saying it was glad to be back.
Our prayers have been answered tonight.  Here in Cushing we got rain and were skipped on the hail and tornadoes this time.  Others in the state weren't so fortunate.
I'm just so happy that we are getting some much needed moisture.  I know we still need so much more, but it will come.  I trust that God will provide! :)  Keep praying for rain, y'all!

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment