Through sunshine and showers, He is faithful!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

temptation

Well, late late last night, I was working hard...well sort of.  I was using all my brain power,  which isn't a whole lot, to try and make some last minute purchases on a website I found just about 4 days ago.  Let me give you the background.

I was home "alone", it was late, Elli Kate was sleeping soundly, so I got my laptop and did the only reasonable thing to do on a Friday night--I surfed the internet.  Is that still a valid phrase?
I knew temptation would draw me in, but I continued.  What's my weakness you ask?  Well, plants, flowers, soil, mulch, etc.  I know, not quite what you had in mind, right?  Anyway.  So, I found some YouTube videos about proper planting of hollyhocks and peonies.  That led me right into looking at the right mulch for the right flowers.  And, you know what?  I learned a LOT that night.  However, my appetite wasn't quite satisfied.  I had to find out where this greenhouse or nursery was and how could I justify ordering a few plants online.  Well, it didn't take long--because I'm so tech saavy because I listened closely to where the gardening guru said he was broadcasting or webcasting or whatever you call it from.  It was Springhill Nurseries somewhere in Ohio.
When I got to the sight it was like when the skies opened up on Princess Kate for the Royal Wedding...but for me at midnight! (btw, I was watching highlights of that event while ogling over plants)  It was a girl's dream...well, this girl's.  :)
I found some of the most beautiful plants I think I've even seen.  They have about a bajillion different colors and hybrids of day lilies and any other plant or flower you've been dreaming of!  Seriously, if you even like to garden or are thinking of starting to garden, you need to check their site out!  Not kidding! It's that good!

Part II
So, that leads me to last night.  So, I got an email telling me that they were having an overstock liquidation sale and some things would be marked down to 73% off, but only until midnight!!!  I sprang into action!  I immediately put my daughter in her jammies (my darling husband was still out doing ministry things at about 9:30 pm...I was trying to keep her awake to see him) and lullabied her and got her in bed soundly.  I came back to the computer with a mission in mind and can I tell you that my mission was accomplished last night!  I bought some things I have been wanting for a while now!  I got a kaleidoscope (hard word to spell) butterfly bush for--get this--$5.99!!!!  These are normally like $20 or more.  And, I got two blue delphiniums for $3.99 each!!!  Lastly, I got a couple of red bee balm for $3.99!  I'm so pumped and excited to get that email saying that they are on their way to my house!
I know not all of you share my excitement about these procures as I do, but I wanted to let you in on a little more of what makes me tick!
Well, since my family is sleeping-in this morning, I'm going to make my way outside and do some mulching now.  I'll share some pics soon of my flower beds.  They are a work in progress, so don't be too anxious. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment